How can we improve the CC Assets Website and Libraries?

Stop Alerting for Marketing Notifications

The CreativeCloud Desktop App shows a red badge indicating that I have notifications in the CC Menu. But really, these messages rarely require my attention as they seem to be mostly marketing Adobe Live events, font releases, etc.

When I see the red dot in my menu bar, I think that my apps need updating. I'm becoming desensitized to this because, more times than not, the notifications are announcements instead of needed updates.

It's not that I don't find the list of announcements valuable - I just feel that they inappropriately use the notification alerts. As a paying customer, I don't understand why I'm being encouraged to look at marketing material.

54 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dennis Siller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my name to this list - it's unacceptable that Adobe has failed to address this issue over MONTHS. Do the Adobe engineers have ANY update on this?

• Sophia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

STOP!!!! STOP!!!! STOP!!!! This is the most annoying thing ever. I have tried disabling so many of the 'Show Notifications' in preferences and I am still be spammed with ridiculous spam advertising. Now, I won't be notified when one of the apps I'm subscribing to is updated so I will have to remember to check. Stop wasting our valuable time Adobe. NO ONE wants this!

• steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not only is this whole spamming tactic obscene (nobody here wants it and we're already paying for your software) but its also a broken feature itself. I got ELEVEN identical spam notifications within minutes of each other.

for me its not just a matter of getting it fixed, its the months of silence on the matter, and the fact that adobe felt it was a good idea to do this in the first place. is there no one in this faceless corporation who can even take ownership for their terrible ideas?

• Joachim Tillessen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree the current use of this feature is spam. I see a couple of ways to improve:

* Remove Marketing Content from this channel altogether
        * Leave the Tab call it "news" but do not display the dot
        * at least be more selective with the content you deliver (I had 5 !!! notifications with the exact same irrelevant content) have you guys been hacked?

• Sampsa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Brave new footage. Explore an exclusive Adobe Stock collection from GoPro" blinking on every other day for a week...

And I was considering uploading my own footage to Adobe Stock and maybe using some footage from there on my work projects.but this seals the deal and I will look elsewhere. This easily fixable crap is unacceptable since we pay for the membership. We shouldn't have to turn notifications off and check manually if there is something that actually matters like collaboration or app updates..

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, Just want to weigh in and say that I've been forced to entirely disable notifications for Creative Cloud as a result of this.

I already use Sketch in my professional work.
        I was considering teaching Adobe XD to my students at the university where I teach, but when there are alternatives like Figma and Principle, I don't see why anyone would encourage the use of products when the company that provides them is actively hostile towards paying customers, distracting them with ads in the product itself.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if these notices suddenly stop appearing in Creative Cloud, but I fully expect the marketing team has already won this battle.

I'd just ask the poor Adobe PM who will one day stumble across this "User Voice" site to consider if such aggressive actions by the marketing team - attempting to squeeze even more money from the customers you already have - could have contributed to the rise of these other design tools, that respect the users attention.

• tf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only want a notification if an app got updated. I do NOT want behance notifications or adobe ads! This is absurdly annoying

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow us to turn these notifications off! I use the badge on the menu bar icon to help keep my apps up to date. I could not care less about all other Adobe notifications.

• Stuart Mayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regardless of the number of votes (or lack thereof) on this issue, the current level of control that a user has over types of notifications is unacceptable. With only the ability to turn on or off notifications as a whole, the system forces a stark choice for users - either forcing them to acknowledge / read poorly targeted marketing articles (notifications on), or risk out-of-date software because update alerts were not displayed (notifications off).

Granular user-level control over how and when people are subjected to marketing is not just a nice option, it is a necessity for GDPR Compliance - as I for one would like the opportunity to opt out as I did not consent to being marketed like this, but I do consent to being informed about product updates that I am actively paying for.

So initially, someone needs to contact the Marketing Dept and tell them to simply stop or even just reduce the amount of articles that they are posting until granular user-level control arrives (so others like myself can opt-out of marketing notifications).

Feedback and Knowledge Base