Add ability to rename files (prototype names) in Prototypes & Specs
Hi there! Thank you for your suggestion. The ability to rename prototypes without changing the link is something that we are investigating. As far as your comment suggestion to “keep the prototype update-able from Xd”, I would love to understand in more detail what you mean by this. Thank you for your patience!
Great, thank you for the clarification. This makes sense, and we will look into this. Thanks again for your continued patience!
Thanks for the reply.
Regarding “keep the prototype update-able from Xd”, once I rename the prototype in Prototypes & Specs on the website I want to be able to go to Xd and update said prototype. Basically I don't want the link to be broken once I rename the file.
- I create a prototype and I call it (Upload it) as "awesome_Xd".
- I keep working on the file and keep updating it as "awesome_Xd".
- I send link to the prototype to my clients so they can access the prototype.
- Client wants some changes, I design the changes and rename the file on the web (Prototypes & Specs) to "awesome_Xd_version2"
- I update the "awesome_Xd_version2" from the same xd file I have been working on since the beginning.
- So the link to the file stays the same - the client accesses the old link, only now it's going to be called "awesome_Xd_version2".
- keep the link the same even after changing the file name
- keep the prototype update-able from Xd