How can we improve the CC Assets Website and Libraries?

Selective Sync

I want to have all my files in the cloud but I don't want to sync them all to my desktop computer. I want to be able to sync only the files I need for the projects I'm actively working on.

171 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminFernando Centurion (Product Manager, Adobe Systems Incorporated) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

78 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Diana Paton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant believe this option is not available. Google drive is clearly a better option. I'm moving all my files until this becomes available. Impossible to work on my laptop otherwise.

• james commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

seriously. what possible reason does adobe have to not have this incredibly simple feature

• Keith Bollman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work on a couple different computers with various drive capacities, one being a Surface Go with only a 128GB HD, being able to selectively sync folders to the drive is essential. Please make this a priority!

• Johana Teran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have large files on CC that are FREEZING UP MY LAPTOP and shut down CC! Please activate selective sync so I don't have to house files my team needs but I do NOT need to work on.

• mzcgn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As long as there is no selective sync the cc cloud cannot be used on any computer with small storage.

It is ridiculous and the reason we don't use the cc cloud and some programs.

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long must we wait for it!? It is "on the backlog" for more than 1,5 year already!!!

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Selective sync is critical to my team's work. We have had to abandon Creative Cloud in favor of Dropbox and ShareFile, both of which allow us to see all the files in the cloud on our desktops without syncing them. And we can sync on the fly. I'm shocked that this is not available in CC.

• Amber Milt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Following up on this as it's IMPOSSIBLE to work on a macbook as my storage gets eaten up.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on if selective syncing will be back anytime soon? I’m splitting my projects up with some on Dropbox at the moment :( it sucks

• John Feil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I now split my image processing between a desktop and laptop. The ability to sync only some images, or folders of images, to the laptop is critical given the relatively small size of the SSD drive. I am afraid you will soon lose a user for the extra space I had subscribed to on creative cloud unless selective sync functionality is made available quickly.

• Julie Leonard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been since May 2018 when Adobe said they'd be working to add this feature back in, and it's now Feb. 2019. WHERE IS THIS? We have gigs and gigs of files that we DO NOT WANT to store locally. My hard drive is full due to massive CC files. It's unbelievable it's not a function, and laughable it's taking so long to reinstate. Dropbox is looking better and better.

• Kadi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this still on the backlog? Dropbox has had selective sync for years. I just ran out of disk space enabling CC sync and now forced to turn off sync completely.

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised selective sync wasn't a top priority. Please implement as quickly as possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100 G of storage on the cloud is ridiculous if I have to sync it all to my laptop.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base